Midatech Pharma, a leading, clinical-stage drug delivery company, is developing novel ultra-long-acting therapeutics. Building on the pioneering Q-Sphera™ technology, Midatech Pharma is developing solutions to meet the complex needs of modern, small molecule and biologic-based drug products. We are seeking a creative Process Engineer to play a key role in the research and development of Midatech Pharma’s drug development and manufacturing technologies. The successful candidate will join a highly motivated team of engineers and scientists in performing innovative and robust development of new biopharmaceutical processes. Bringing energy, strong initiative and a problem-solving mindset the ideal candidate will have experience of established pharmaceutical process technologies and excited to innovate with technologies from other industries.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the individual will be proactive and take a hands-on approach to pharmaceutical process engineering. The role will involve development of cutting-edge manufacturing processes for new drug product candidates and delivering continual improvement in the application of Midatech Pharma’s drug delivery platforms. Inventing solutions to address real-world needs, the role requires a creative approach that builds on a firm understanding of process equipment design and development.
Utilising the company’s CAD and rapid prototyping capabilities and liaising with vendors, the individual will work with colleagues to develop novel pharmaceutical processes.
- Applying robust engineering principles creatively for proprietary process innovation and development suitable for production for Midatech Pharma’s product pipeline.
- Support technology transfer to contract manufacturers to establish GMP-compliant manufacturing capability.
- Prototype design and fabrication for pilot-plant scale processes.
- Conducting laboratory and pilot scale experiments and data analysis.
- Liaising with external equipment and service vendors.
- Preparation of experimental protocols and reports, technical drawings, PFDs and C&Q protocols
- Developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures for the engineering department and wider pharmaceutical and technology development function
- Reporting and communicating results to engineering team, wider project team and management
- Understanding, operating, and optimising the current and future process platforms
- Execution of risk assessments, process evaluations and reviews (FMEA)
|Minimum education level||Chemical Engineering degree|
• 3+ years’ experience in a relevant industrial setting
• Commissioning and qualification experience
• Strong problem-solving / process troubleshooting skills
• Team player, great communicator and capable of working closely with other functions
• Willingness to get “hands-on” with the processes.
|Supervision received by the role||The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Engineer|
|Supervisory responsibility||There are no requirements for the position to supervise other engineers at this time.|
• Familiarity with CAD software, such as Autodesk Inventor
• Experience of GMP / sterile manufacturing
• Basic laboratory skills
• Process design / rapid prototyping experience
• Process safety knowledge, particularly around flammable solvents
• Experience with small / medium capital projects
This position is full-time based at the Midatech offices in Cardiff. Legal right to work in the UK is essential.
Dependent on experience
Cardiff, Wales but may require occasional travel, as required
How to Apply
To apply for any vacancies listed please submit your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com