Midatech Pharma is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Midatech of Milton Park Innovation Centre, 99 Park Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4RY, UK.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:**
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.midatechpharma.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes
- information you provide when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We may use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information about services or technologies we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our services or technologies;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Midatech or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the use of your data by these third parties. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Many improvements and updates to the site are based on such data as total number of users and pages viewed. Cookies allow this information to be easily tracked by us. We use information obtained from cookies to provide services better tailored to each user's needs.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie||Function||Host (where a third party cookie)||Category and expiry|
|__utmc||Performance cookie - Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||Google Analytics||Session|
|kirby_session||Session cookie used by KirbyCMS||KirbyCMS||Session|
Control over cookies
You can also delete cookies that have already been set. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
If you do not accept cookies your user experience on our site may be affected.
The Group fully supports aims of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 to eradicate human slavery and trafficking. In particular, the Group wishes to ensure that no child labour or servitude of any kind or human trafficking has been involved in the supply and distribution of products or services.
This statement is made pursuant to Section 54, Part 6 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps the Company has taken to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we have, or are in the process of putting in place, systems to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our supply chains
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains
- Protect whistle blowers
The Group will continue to review the position by a process of contract reviews, third party audits and an ongoing monitoring of our partners within the supply chain.